Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Recipe: Breakfast Cookies

I recently tried a new recipe, changed it a little to make it a little more me, and I seriously love it. Bonus: My husband and son love these as well! Extra Bonus: They're pretty healthy for you! I was hesitant to call these cookies because they're more reminiscent of muffin tops, but we'll stick with the word cookies because those are more fun to eat! Right?



Ingredients:
1 cup whole-wheat flour
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup Hershey’s special dark cocoa
1 ½ Tbsp instant coffee
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp kosher salt
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 ripe banana, peeled, microwaved 30 seconds, then mashed
½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
½ cup honey
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups blueberries
¾ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa, coffee, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.

3. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, banana, yogurt, honey, oil, and vanilla until well combined (small lumps of banana are OK).

4. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture, gently stirring until just incorporated. Fold in blueberries and chocolate chips. Do not overmix.

5. Scoop balls of dough, about 1 ½ Tbsp each, onto prepared sheets, about 2 in apart. Flatten cookies slightly by pressing lightly with fingers or back of fork (to keep from sticking, use nonstick spray).

6. Bake until firm around the edges, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool completely on sheet on wire rack.

Servings: 40
Calories: 73 (When I made these, I used a small scoop and ended up making 46, making them 63 calories a piece.)



I hope that you like these as much as my family does. I put two "cookies" in a snack bag and then put those into a bin. Now, we have an easy 146 calorie breakfast filled with fruit and chocolate that we can just grab in the morning with no extra prep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts...

Hocking Hills State Park

A couple weeks ago, we decided to take a weekend trip to Columbus, Ohio for my son’s 11th birthday. Our whole trip started because we just H...