Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Claude Monet Water Lilies Project

With school starting soon, I'm looking back on our end-of-year art project from 3rd grade. I decided it would be great to look at Claude Monet and his impressionist paintings.

First, we watched this YouTube video to learn more about Claude Monet.

Then, we watched this YouTube video about impressionism.

Finally, we watched this YouTube video specifically about the water lilies.

For the project, I followed the instructions HERE for the pond part. I let him choose which colors he wanted to use. After all, this is all about impressionism. So I wanted this to be his impression of a pond.

We cut out a large shape from an old cardboard box.
Then, he painted it using a spoon. He had so much swirling the paint around to look like waves and ripples in the water.
We set it to the side for a couple days to let it dry.
Then, we made the water lilies. He cut out lily shapes and I helped him make some pretty lilies. He attached everything to his pond.
And, voila! Here is the finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts...

Hocking Hills State Park

A couple weeks ago, we decided to take a weekend trip to Columbus, Ohio for my son’s 11th birthday. Our whole trip started because we just H...