Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Recipe: Taco Bowl

One of my son's favorite foods is tacos. So, when we started eating healthier and I saw how many calories were in a single tortilla shell, I knew we had to do something else. My husband and I did a little thinking and decided to make a taco bowl, instead. We got our inspiration from Chipotle and Taco Bell. So, I'm here to share that recipe with you, today!



Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 can pinto beans
1 can corn
Salsa
Low-fat cheese
2 cups Brown rice (4 cups cooked)

Instructions:
1. Cook rice, corn, beans, and taco meat according to the directions on the container.
2. Layer rice, pinto beans, corn, and turkey taco meat, using 1/5 of each. Top with one serving each of salsa and cheese.

Servings: 5
Calories: 480

We love to eat this, probably at least every other week if not once a week. It is so filling and definitely works with my "diet".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts...

Hocking Hills State Park

A couple weeks ago, we decided to take a weekend trip to Columbus, Ohio for my son’s 11th birthday. Our whole trip started because we just H...