Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

My Noom Experience

A lot of people have made their New Years Resolutions. We're 13 days into the year, and some of you are still going strong. And to you, I say, WAY TO GO! I personally don't make resolutions anymore. I'm more of a goal person. My goal this year is to really work at living a more relaxed life. And we can talk about that in a future post, but the real reason you're here is to hear about my experience with Noom.

If you're like me, you've seen the ads for Noom on TV and on social media. It's more than a diet. That's what you've been told, right? Well, I can tell you 100% that they deliver on this promise!

On August 1st, 2020, I was unhappy. I weighed 360 pounds. I was always tired. I was incredibly self-contious. I always felt overwhelmed. I never truly felt happy. There was just something missing in my life.

On August 2nd, I decided to make a change. Now, I'm not about to tell you that Noom is some wonder-working, miracle program. However, if you do the daily lessons, follow their eating guides, stick to your calorie budget, try some new things, experiment, and truly work your butt off, you will lose weight and you will be a healthier, happier person. I have learned so many things. I am so much happier than I used to be. I used to overthink everything, until Noom pointed out to me that I was trying to mind-read what others were thinking, and I had no proof that people were thinking anything close to what I had in my mind. It sounds so obvious, but that really did change my life, and while my thoughts do get the best of me sometimes, Noom has given me the tools to work past my "negative" thoughts and feelings. And I put the word negative in quotes, because there is no such thing as a negative emotion, only emotions. It's okay to feel, you guys! Just don't let those feelings take over your life.

But it's not just about your mental health, it IS also about your physical health. I don't necessarily work out very often, but I am so much more active than I used to be. I was so lazy at one point in my life that there would literally be DAYS every single week that I would get less than 500 steps. Now, that seems insane to me. While I'm not the most active person, I do still hit a minimum of 3,000 steps every day, most reaching about 10,000. That's a pretty big improvement for me! I also choose to do yoga every single morning. I have a couple different flows, depending on how much time I have, and you can check those out over on my YouTube channel.

I am also eating completely different foods than I used to. I used to eat every single fried thing you could find. And while I do still eat burgers, (cauliflower) pizza, wings, and (sweet potato) fries, as you can see, I have changed some ingredients to be healthier like whole wheat buns and smaller serving sizes. I've also started eating some fish. One of my favorite meals is blackened tilapia with pearl couscous and green beans. I will be sharing some of my favorite recipes with all of you this coming year.

But to sum up everything, I have had an amazing experience with Noom and I am excited to continue my journey. I am by no means at my AFTER. But I am working toward it. In just over 5 months, I have lost 65 pounds. I am officially under 300. I am feeling pretty good about myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm still tired sometimes (but not nearly like before). I'm still pretty self-contious (but surprisingly-to me, not as much as I used to be). I have learned to make my to-do lists and take things off that don't bring me joy and aren't NECESSARY, which help me to feel less overwhelmed. And I'm finally starting to feel happy. And that happiness is not directly related to my weight loss. It may be a factor, but it's not my entire reason. My mental health has greatly increased. So, are you ready to see some progress pics? Cause I know, that's one of my favorite things to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts...

Hocking Hills State Park

A couple weeks ago, we decided to take a weekend trip to Columbus, Ohio for my son’s 11th birthday. Our whole trip started because we just H...