Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

It's Christmas! Day 23: Decorating Cookies

It’s Christmas! is a 25 day blog and vlog segment that I’ll be doing this December to bring you crafts, reviews, and ideas to make your Christmas season even more fun this year (especially, with this pandemic thing we’re all trying to navigate).

Hopefully, my family can inspire yours to not let this crazy year ruin the holiday season for you.

Yesterday, we made our delicious sugar cookies. We also made a half batch of gingerbread cookies. They're my husband's favorite. Now, it’s time to decorate them! So, what kind of topping are we going to use? Icing? Frosting? Well, we’ve decided to go with frosting.

We decided to use this recipe for our frosting. And personally, I think it's delicious. It's just the right amount of sweet and tastes perfect with the sugar cookies I make.

Now, we're going to pipe our decorations on. Since we only have 1 piping tip, they're all going to look similar, but that's okay. Plus, my son has some pretty cool sprinkles to decorate with so we're going to try to make these cookies look awesome! In fact, he decided that I would do the frosting and he would do the sprinkle details. It was so much fun!

Here's how they turned out!

So don’t just make plain cookies, decorate them to really show Santa what you’ve got.

And as always, from my family to yours, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts...

Hocking Hills State Park

A couple weeks ago, we decided to take a weekend trip to Columbus, Ohio for my son’s 11th birthday. Our whole trip started because we just H...