Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Taco T-shirt

For my son's birthday (back in March) I told him that I would make him any shirt he wanted. We were going on vacation so I figured a short sleeved shirt would be perfect. I wanted it to incorporate something that he loved so we made a list of some things that he was really in to. We came up with Minecraft, Mario, tacos, running, his echo dot kids edition, the Switch, Pokemon, and plenty of other things. We came up with a couple funny sayings that incorporated these things. But eventually, we decided tacos would be there perfect theme for this t-shirt.

The first thing I did was look around Wal-Mart for a plain shirt that wasn't just a single-colored tee. And I found the perfect one! It was a dark grey with green sleeves. I love the different colored sleeves idea.

Then, I designed a couple things in Design Space so that I could cut it out with my Cricut. I found a cute picture of a taco and added that. It was so fun. I hadn't really tried layering yet, so this was going to be a simple design.

I made the shirt for my son and now he LOVES it! Seriously, he wears it so often. It quickly became one of his favorite shirts! I love that I am able to make him things that he treasures so deeply.

Let me know in the comments if you have any awesome ideas for more shirts I can make my sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts...

Hocking Hills State Park

A couple weeks ago, we decided to take a weekend trip to Columbus, Ohio for my son’s 11th birthday. Our whole trip started because we just H...