Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2021

I'm Currently Reading...

So, if you've never heard of Virgin River, you may be living under a rock. Well, that may be going too far, but you're definitely missing out. This series of books currently has 21 books. However, I'm just starting and am still reading book number 1. So far, it's pretty good. I quite enjoy Robyn Carr's style of writing and look forward to reading more books in the series.

Virgin River is also a Netflix original series, so I look forward to watching that after I have finished some of the books. I believe there are 2 seasons available right now.

The main story focuses on Melinda Monroe, a midwife and nurse practitioner, who needs a change from the city. She ends up in little Virgin River after a tragic loss. At first, she's not sure if she can handle country life, but she continues to postpone her exit until she finally falls in love with the town and the people living there.

There is an obvious attraction between Mel and the former marine/bar owner, Jack Sheridan that is sheer pleasure to read about.

Every book features different characters, but not necessarily new characters so you get to keep reading about the drama and antics that happen in Virgin River without getting bored by the same main character book after book. I look forward to reading them all! But first, I have to finish the first one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts...

Hocking Hills State Park

A couple weeks ago, we decided to take a weekend trip to Columbus, Ohio for my son’s 11th birthday. Our whole trip started because we just H...