Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

It's Christmas! Day 15: Lowe's Kids Workshop Kit

It’s Christmas! is a 25 day blog and vlog segment that I’ll be doing this December to bring you crafts, reviews, and ideas to make your Christmas season even more fun this year (especially, with this pandemic thing we’re all trying to navigate).

Hopefully, my family can inspire yours to not let this crazy year ruin the holiday season for you.

Over the past couple of years, we have taken our son to SO MANY Home Depot and Lowe’s workshops. My son loves them! There’s just nothing like building something with your own hands and having a finished product to play with in the end.

Well, lately, we haven’t been doing them as often. First of all, our Home Depot is always out of the projects and we just can't seem to get the timing right. So if we want one, we have to buy it online, which we have ordered a couple of, but when you can get them for free, it just feels different. Lowe’s quit doing them for a while, but recently started back up during the pandemic. With both of these, though, you just pick them up and complete the projects at home.

For December, I believe there is an ornament project and a cookie platter project with Home Depot that you can order for about $5 each. However, we chose to do the Lowe’s project. I signed my son up online, my husband went to pick up the project on the 12th (but they didn't ask for our name so I'm not sure why we had to sign up), and then my son put it together. Here is his Christmas train!

So, if you've got the time and are able to, get out there and build something!

As always, from my family to yours, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts...

Hocking Hills State Park

A couple weeks ago, we decided to take a weekend trip to Columbus, Ohio for my son’s 11th birthday. Our whole trip started because we just H...