Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2020

It's Christmas! Day 12: Seeing Santa

It’s Christmas! is a 25 day blog and vlog segment that I’ll be doing this December to bring you crafts, reviews, and ideas to make your Christmas season even more fun this year (especially, with this pandemic thing we’re all trying to navigate).

Hopefully, my family can inspire yours to not let this crazy year ruin the holiday season for you.

Going to see Santa is something we’ve done every year since my son was born. At first, I wasn’t sure that I wanted to even take the risk involved with my son seeing Santa. In fact, I had basically decided it wasn’t going to happen. Then, I saw an ad on Facebook for Bass Pro Shop’s Santa Experience. It looked like a really good option with all the precautions they were taking. So, I talked about it with my husband and he approved. My next step was to talk to my son. He was honestly so excited that we had found a way for him to still see Santa. We made sure to set his expectations at a realistic level. You’re not going to sit on Santa’s lap. Instead, you’re going to sit on a wooden bench in front of him. There will also be a plexiglass wall between you and Santa. You can still talk to him, though. You might just have to talk a little louder since you'll be standing 6 feet away. You’ll need to wear a mask except for when they're taking your picture. And you know what his response was? “So, I’ll still get to see him, talk to him, and take my picture with him?” “Yes.” “Sounds good to me!”

I mean, come on, so proud of his positive attitude.

So, I had to make a reservation in order to see Santa. I believe I saw somewhere that they allow up to 5 families per 15 minute reservation period. However, I’m not 100% sure about that. Reservations are released 7 days prior at midnight. We already knew we wanted to go on a weekday to make sure the crowds in the store wouldn’t be very heavy.

When we got there, we checked in, got our temperature taken, and then waited 6 feet away from the family in front of us. They had a cute little Bass Pro Shop themed 12 days of Christmas thing going on for the 6ft apart place markers. We got there early so we did have to wait a while. And while it didn't feel like they rushed anyone with Santa, we also didn't feel like we waited very long. We also watched the girl sanitize between each group which made us feel better. Overall, our experience with Santa was great! We received our FREE picture, a cute little color-your-own ornament, and a pouch of hot cocoa. I ended up paying $15 online in order to download the picture digitally because I wanted to be able to print it.



So don’t let the pandemic get you down. Whether it's seeing Santa virtually or through a plexiglass wall, don’t miss out on seeing Santa this year.

And as always, from my family to yours, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts...

Hocking Hills State Park

A couple weeks ago, we decided to take a weekend trip to Columbus, Ohio for my son’s 11th birthday. Our whole trip started because we just H...